Thursday, September 3, 2009

Someone had a birthday!

My baby girl is now four! How can that be possible?

Cholita has been waiting for September 2nd to roll around since....well...September 3rd of last year. We celebrated with pizza and balloons and lots of hugs and kisses.

And then came the presents, only 2, but quality rather than quantity was what we were going for. The first one deserves some explanation. Cholita's big sister, Rose, has a collection of porcelain dolls. Cholita thinks the collection actually belongs to her and this has caused no end of grief. Now as of last night, Miss Cholita has her very own fragile, breakable doll that hopefully will make it to next week in one piece.

And the piece d' resistance.....the new bike! Cholita loves it and after only about two minutes of practice time, was zipping around the driveway in a manner terrifying to her mother.
Happy birthday, Cholita! We so adore our darling four-year-old.

3 comments:

Alyson | New England Living said...

What an adorable girl. Happy birthday! I need to get my 4 year old a bike. He'd love that.

Shama said...

I just showed Ella your blog (because I can't be on the computer for more than 2 min before she is wiggling her way onto my lap to see what I'm doing) and she said, "oh, Mia is so pretty. She can be my best friend even when she is 4". :) By the way, we have the same van in the same color, as does half the moms in Silverdale. There are days when I just set my alarm so that I don't have to sift through all the identical gray mini vans in Costco's parking lot. As far as vans go, at least this one is a cool one, at least that is what I tell MY teenage self to keep her from cringing.

Jen Bay said...

Happy Birthday! I'll be she loves that bike! How fun.