Thursday, March 27, 2008

We Have Each Other



I love that Abby can read now and that Maya is starting to let other people read her bedtime stories! Abby is such a good big sister. I'm so glad that these two have each other.


Speaking of us "having each other", Maya's been very adamant lately about who is in HER family. I think it all started after an incident at Kinkos a couple of weeks ago. I was making some copies and Maya was chatting with a little girl who looked to be about 4 years old. The girl asked Maya where her mommy was. Maya pointed to me and said, "Mommy right dare." The girl got a very serious look on her face and shook her head and said, "No. That's not your mommy. I can tell that's not your mommy." This little girl's dad looked very embarrased and reminded his daughter that her hair is blond and her mom's hair is brown. The little girl was very determined to get her point across. "No. I still look like Mommy. That is NOT that little girl's mommy!" I really felt for the dad who looked like he wanted to clamp his hand over his talkative daughter's mouth!

A couple of times during the last few days Maya has pointed to me and with great conviction told complete strangers, "That MY mommy. MY mommy." I have to say, it warms my heart.

No comments: