Monday, October 15, 2007

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow


Doesn't everyone love before and after makeover pictures? Well, here is an example of a makeover gone wrong! Maya's hair has actually been growing lately and I've been wanting to have a professional give her a trim and even it out a little. In the photo above, I'd actually curled her hair, so it really was quite a bit longer than it looks. I was picking up Maya's pictures from JC Penny's (and aren't they ADORABLE!?) and right next door to the photo shop is the salon. I had some time to kill before I needed to pick the big kids up from school, so I thought we'd see if they had time for a walk-in. The woman who cut Maya's hair was not a native English speaker, so maybe we just didn't fully communicate. I said TRIM! I really did! So, without further ado, to the left is the "before" shot, and if you dare, scroll down for the "after".




Voila! Instant boy! Once the cutting started, there was no going back. When I picked up Madeline from school, she looked at her sister and yelled, "Oh no! Maya cut her own hair?" No, this was the work of a professional. And to add insult to injury, we went to pay for the haircut (which took 5 minutes tops) and they charged us $20! Who knew JC Penny's was so hotty totty!




Another "before" shot, looking lovely....



.....and after.
I hope it grows out for Christmas card pictures!

No comments: